In 2020, the company outlined a global strategy dubbed “People”, with the aim of putting people at the center of our approach. In 2021, a year when the pandemic disrupted people's lives, People has been consolidated as an employee value proposition and forms part of the Sustainability Master Plan 2025, being the first of its strategic lines, with defined objectives, and at the same level as its economic and environmental objectives.
People Center Approach
OUR ADVANTAGE COMES FROM PEOPLE
This strategy invests in people to recruit and empower the most diverse talent that will make the company stronger and more agile, in order to meet new challenges, capitalize on opportunities and drive change.
- Deployment of functionalities in the internal employee life cycle support tool.
- Top Employer 2021 certification in Spain for excellence in people management.
- 16% reduction in the accident frequency rate of own employees and contractors compared to 2019.
- Approval of a Diversity and Inclusion Policy.
- Update of the Human Rights Policy, which defines the due diligence strategy.
- > Implementation of the Social Safeguards Internal Control System..
KEY CHALLENGES: 2022
- Consolidate the leadership model defined in the people strategy.
- Achieving Top Employer certification in Mexico, the USA, Brazil, Canada and Australia, and the continental seal in North America.
- To reduce the accident frequency rate compared to 2021.
- Continue to increase the percentage of female directors and managers.
- Extend the scope of the Migrant Worker Welfare Standard to more at-risk countries.
- Update the Stakeholder Relations Policy.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
ACCIONA understands and promotes diversity as a key competitive advantage for its businesses, and equity and inclusion as priority responsibilities in the people management model. At the same time, it considers these to be essential conditions for the defense of human rights, sustainable development and compliance with the 2030 Agenda.
This year, the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Policy has been included in the people management model, which continues to uphold the commitments of nurturing diverse talent, ensuring respectful treatment, providing equal opportunities and promoting social cohesion through equity and inclusion.
THE SUSTAINABLE DIFFERENCE
EVOLUTION OF THE GEOGRAPHICAL DISTRIBUTION OF THE WORKFORCE (NO. OF EMPLOYEES)
ACCIONA's people management model is based on the definition of roles, as basic organizational units in which job positions with shared missions, responsibilities, knowledge and skills are grouped together. This model allows you to identify the skills required to achieve business objectives and strategies.
Changes in the breakdown of the workforce by professional category and age group (no. of employees)
The working environment is place where the culture of a particular company can be transformed. For this reason, a diverse, inclusive, collaborative and innovative work environment is promoted, adapted to new ways of working and the future needs of the company, with technology as a facilitator. ACCIONA has set up various programs to:
- Organize working hours effectively and ensure a decent work-life balance
- Ensure employee satisfaction and commitment.
- Ensure health and safety
Investment in training (EUROS)
|Directors and managers||Technicians||Supports||Operators||Total|
Evolution of training received by employees (hours)
|Turnover (million euros)||6,482||8,104|
|Cost of workforce/turnover (%)||24 %||22 %|
|Turnover/Staff team (euros)||168,999||194,516|
|EBITDA (million euros)||1,133||1,483|
|EBITDA/staff team cost (%)||72 %||83 %|
|EBITDA/staff team (euros)||29,535||35,592|
|Staff cost (million euros)||1,551||1,787|